by Homevalue Hardware
How To Find The Right Tools For Those Outdoor Landscaping And Gardening Jobs
Are you watching the garden grow this season and reflecting on all the overgrown vegetation and all the clean-up jobs you’ve got ahead of you? It can feel daunting. Luckily, there are a few great tools to lessen the load and help you fly through those outdoor landscaping and gardening jobs.
Let’s take a gander at some excellent gardening kit that could help you make the garden great again!
For General Everyday Use
Garden shears will be your everyday go-to tool for keeping your greenery tidy and in-check or finishing the bigger jobs that utilise the below tools.
Shears are perfect for the main stems when pruning bushes or shrubbery.
For Cutting Hedges
This is probably one of the first tasks you’ll need to attack as it is the most visible part of your garden from the outside, and you’ll want to make an excellent first impression on your property. Shaping your hedge and trimming it down to size is top of the checklist.
You can use a manual version which is a set of hedge clippers that will need regular sharpening and much elbow grease for larger hedges. Use hedge clippers for smaller topiary or finishing off your hedge.
Gardener Hedge Shears
Aim for strength and durability if you decide to use garden shears. Look out for solid forged steel blades. This model also features solid ash timber handles For additional strength and rubberised hand grips.
Darby Hedge Shears
The Darby hedge shears are a more lightweight model featuring long extendable aluminium handles with a soft grip for easy use
GardenWorx Petrol Hedge Cutter
Alternatively, you can use a powered tool in this category. For example, use the more robust hedge cutter to cut through heavier limbs and break down heavier branches, whilst a powered hedge trimmer is ideal for shaping smaller, thinner branches and ends.
This model gives you a cutting capacity of 28mm
- This tool has an air-cooled 2-stroke complete, crank 25cc engine
- It contains a 24in / 60cm dual action cutting blade to cut through those thicker stems
- For a more ergonomic experience, an adjustable handle rotates to a 90-degree angle for the left and right
- The free accessory kit includes safety goggles, earplugs, a work glove, and a fuel mixing bottle
For the Trimming Hard-to-Reach Places
You can use a brushcutter or grass trimmer when you need to trim weeds, long grass, small trees, tight corners, and hard-to-reach edges and foliage. It is used for smaller and, perhaps, more fragile areas not accessible by a lawn mower or rotary mower.
A grass trimmer is lightweight and easy to manoeuvre, whilst a brushcutter will be heavier to handle and may need a special harness to strap onto your back for easier lifting.
Let’s take a look at some options:
GardenWorx Petrol Trimmer
This lightweight tool also has some power and is ideal for a 2mm trimmer line.
- It boasts an air-cooled 2-stroke complete, crank 26cc engine
- There is a split shaft with a loop handle
- You’ll also get the free safety kit that includes: safety goggles, earplugs, a replacement line and a fuel-mixing bottle
GardenWorx Petrol Brushcutter
Brushcutters can be fitted with proper blades and therefore cut down heavier, thicker and longer growth, such as tall prairie grasses, reeds and ferns, and shrubs and brush.
This is one of the best buys out there for more heavily powered brush cutter tools. We recommend you use this tool with a 2 mm – 2.4mm trimmer line.
- It is powered by an air-cooled 2-stroke full crank 43cc engine
- There is a double handle for easy use
- It comes with goggles: earplugs, a replacement line, a fuel mixing bottle and a harness
For Washing Away The Grime
Keeping a handy power washer around is essential if you have large patios, garden walls, gazebos and decking or paving that require a decent wash after all the gardening is done.
GardenWorx Pressure Washer
The GardenWorx 7hp Petrol Pressure Washer is a sturdy best friend in these circumstances. It boasts the following features:
- It is contained within a heavy-duty vertical trolley fitted with pneumatic tyres
- The washer is powered by a Lifan 7hp/212cc petrol engine
- The device includes a metal lance with 5 assorted nozzles and a 7.5m rubber pressure hose for added reach
- Includes 3m suction hose with filter
- The rated pressure comes in at 180 Bar, Max Pressure: 22 Ma / 3200 PSI – There is a flow rate of 9L/min
- It also includes a substantial water pump suitable for using directly from a water barrel
For Maintenance and Protection
Now that you’ve got everything looking spick and span and manicured within an inch of life, it’s time to put on the finishing touches. Protect and enhance your lovely hedgerows, rose bushes and topiary with a decent spray of non-toxic fertilisers, herbicides and pesticides.
Got a lot of ground to cover in a medium-sized or large garden? Do it in seconds with a multipurpose sprayer.
You could even use this tool for spraying cleaning detergents or cleaning large areas in the home and workplace.
The GardenWorx Knapsack Sprayer
- This handy device has ergonomic supports – an adjustable nozzle and straps, a durabond braided hose, and a trigger lock
- There is also a built-in pressure filter
- It boasts a translucent tank with graduated markings, allowing you to measure the liquid level correctly
- It comes in various sizes, including 5L, 12L, and 16L versions
The Tool that Rules Them All!
You may consider a multipurpose landscaping tool for those without colossal storage space and a limited budget. Look out for an all-in-one such as the:
GARDENWORX 5 PIECE MULTI TOOL
The Gardenworx 5-piece multi-tool is the lifesaver in this instance. You’ll get a 5 in 1 Tool containing:
- A brush cutter with a blade
- A nylon head for the brush cutter for trimming
- A 40cm (16in) dual-action hedge cutter
- A 26cm (10in) pruning chainsaw
- A76cm (30in) extension pole with a max working height of 2.4m when using the extension pole
- 2 Stroke mix 40:1